Benefits for 20 or more!
Parties of 20 or more passengers traveling together can enjoy the benefits of traveling as a group on Amtrak. We can handle groups of hundreds depending on the train and time of year of travel.
Pre-boarding and exclusive occupancy
We can pre-board your group to add ease and comfort to the boarding process. We offer group seating and exclusive occupancy if your group is large enough to occupy an entire car.
Groups may be eligible to receive discounts of as much as 20% off for each 20 paying passengers. Amtrak's 15% senior citizen and half-fare children's discounts may be applied to eligible members of the group. These discounts are not valid on all trains. Further restrictions may apply.
Book early! You must make reservation requests for your group at least 4 business days before departure. Book as early as possible for best fares and accommodations.
Book online or by phone, fax or e-mail
To book group travel, please use Amtrak's online group travel form. You can also call 1-800-USA-1GRP (1-800-872-1477), fax your request to 1-800-872-3298 or send an e-mail to the group travel department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Leader and Chaperone Policy
We want you and your group to have fun and be safe! Please review these rules with the adult chaperones in your group and provide each of them with a copy of these guidelines.
A minimum of one designated chaperone is required for every six minors under the age of 18 aboard the train. Designated chaperones are adults specifically responsible and accountable for minors traveling on the train. Any adult traveling in connection with the group who is responsible for an infant will not be considered a designated chaperone. Chaperones are responsible for following all Group Leader and Chaperone Guidelines.
Please call 1-800-USA-RAIL prior to leaving for the train station to make sure your train is on schedule.
- Plan to arrive at the train station at least 60 minutes before your scheduled train departure.
- Your group will need to be ready to board as soon as the train pulls into the station. Some station stops are as little as two minutes. The trains cannot wait for late arriving groups or individuals.
- Present your ticket to the station staff or conductor.
- At staffed stations, identify yourself to the station staff to confirm boarding instructions.
- Identify your group to the conductor and follow his/her seating instructions. During your trip, feel free to contact onboard personnel for assistance.
- Group leaders and designated chaperones are responsible for the conduct and supervision of their group at all times during the field trip.
- Please remind your students to be considerate of the other passengers. Amtrak personnel cannot assist in the supervision of your group.
- Please use the trash and recycle bins and keep the area around your group clean and free of debris. Amtrak staff will provide extra trash bags for you to pick up your area before your group arrives at your destination.
- When your group exits the train, follow the conductor's instructions.
- Appoint one or two people to follow behind the group to check the seating areas and overhead bins for any items that may have been left behind.
We look forward to having your group travel on the Heartland Flyer!